Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dinner with Daddy

Unfortunately Keith has been having to work later than normal to meet certain deadlines which means that he sees very little of Merrin. On most days Keith leaves before Merrin is even awake and comes home way after Merrin has gone to bed so tonight Merrin and I decided to take dinner to Daddy so that he didn't have to go another day of not seeing her! Keith greeted us at the door and Merrin went running to him saying "daddy" which I am sure put a huge smile on Keith's heart. We ate in the kitchen of Keith's work and then got to meet several other managers and partners because of course those are the only ones working late during non-tax season! Merrin had fun playing "accountant" and even helped Keith "organize" his office a bit. Merrin also got to practice her putting when she found the office's "practice putting station". All in all we had a great visit and hopefully it helped ease some of the stress that Keith has been feeling lately. Seeing Keith work so hard makes me feel very blessed to have him in our lives. Now that I am at home, I am sure it is not easy baring the financial burden of our family all alone but Keith does it beautifully and with no complaining. Merrin and I are very proud of him. Keith, you are a wonderful husband and father and WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Hi Bethany! Congrats on your good news! I hope you are feeling well with this pregnancy and that you aren't too tired. I keep up with your goings-on through the blog. Glad things are well!

Laura said...

Looks like a fun evening! We can't wait to see you guys!

The Growing Gunters said...

Thanks Rebecca & Laura! I'm so glad you guys had a great reunion with your family!