Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cogentrix

As many of you know, Keith and I took a huge leap of faith this past April by me quiting my job at Cogentrix to stay home with Merrin. Me staying home with our children was something Keith and I always sort of hoped for one day and we feel very blessed that God laid the groundwork necessary for us to do so. At this time last year I am not sure it would have been possible but over the past year God blessed us with the sale of Keith's rental home (his former bachelor pad) so that we could pay off our cars and be in better financial standing to live on one income. Over the past few months I have really enjoyed my time at home with Merrin, probably more than she has!! Merrin LOVES people and on the days that she is in the house all day with me I have to admit she gets a little bored but thanks to some of my friends and our church, we are finding ways to get out and become involved in things. With all this being said, I have REALLY missed my girlfriends from Cogentrix. My job at Cogentrix was probably the most enjoyable job I've had outside of college and it is primarily due to the gals that I worked with. They are an amazing group of girls and I miss seeing them on a daily basis. Fortunately for me, they still include me in their "outings"!! This past Thursday night we all went to dinner and a movie and had such a great time! It was nice seeing them all and hearing the latest that is going on in their lives. I wish only the best for each of you and THANK YOU ladies for your friendship! Pictured below are Jennifer, Kelly, Tara, Denise, myself and Jena! (Along with a few others, Danielle and Angel could not make it but here is a big shout out to them as well!!) Not too shabby for a table full of accountants!!

No comments: