Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meet #2

So now that I've gotten somewhat caught up (see previous post) I guess I should set a really unrealistic goal which I won't achieve but will try anyway...lets see...how about I try to blog every day during the entire month of December (oh lucky you mom...I think you are the only one who reads my blog). If only I had started on Dec. 1st...oh well, we'll call it the 23 days of Christmas Blog!

For starters...I will tell you a short story of how our family came to know and love #2! #2 (despite what you are thinking) happens to be the name of our beloved elf that is living with our family until Christmas eve. Many of you are already familiar with "elf on a shelf" but for those of you that are not I will explain. You see, this elf is special because he has magic! #2 quietly rests in one particular spot in our home all day long, watching and taking notes to see if my Merrin & Elliott are being naughty or nice. Then, after our angels are tucked away in their beds, #2 uses his magic and flies away to report back to Santa. In the morning #2 reappears in a new location in our home where he can continue to watch and observe. Talking is encouraged to #2 however touching is not (yeah, good luck with that)!!! You might be asking yourself why we call our beloved elf #2. Well...its because we let Merrin name our elf and for some reason she chose #2. Maybe that is because she is fascinated with going "poop on the potty" but I'd like to think its because she is super intelligent and can clearly see that our special elf is #2 in command next to Santa. I digress...on the first day #2 appeared in our home, he sat quietly on our living room mantle. On the second day he got cozy on a shelf in Merrin's bathroom. Today, however, #2 had a rude awakening. Around 4:00AM Merrin woke up crying in her bed. Naturally Keith got up to see what was the matter as this is not her normal wake-up time and when he went into Merrin's room, Merrin explained that she did NOT want #2 sitting on her dresser. So...#2 had to relocate to Mommy and Daddy's bedroom for the rest of today. I wonder where he will appear tomorrow, that crazy elf!

1 comment:

Arda said...

Hahaha, I love it! What a great idea!