Friday, September 18, 2009

Laboring at the beach

I've been a little slack on my blogging lately so here is a belated post to get us caught up. I can sum up our past few weeks in one word...BEACH! Merrin, Elliott and I spent 10 full days down at the beach and although I can't say it was all fun and games we did have a great time in the end. I am sure most of you can relate but a trip to the beach with two little ones isn't as relaxing as it used to be when it was just you and your hubby...its a lot of work now!! BUT...its all worth it because it certainly is creating memories in Merrin and Elliott's eyes and ours as well. We started off our beach trip with Grammy, Keith's brother Eric and his family. Merrin was thrilled to spend some time with her long distance cousin, Emory. These two little girls had a blast and I'm amazed we didn't end up in the emergency room as much as they loved jumping on the beds! They also loved dancing and playing in the sand. After about six days without Keith he finally joined us on the Thursday before Labor Day and we ended our beach trip with a bang! On Friday Keith's family headed back home and we were joined by our neighbors (and friends) Eric & Blair along with their two girls Ellie(4) & Maggie(9 mos) as well as Brad & Tammy along with their little bambino still in the oven! We had the best time celebrating Labor Day with our friends and neighbors. Ellie and Merrin thoroughly enjoyed burying themselves on the beach and especially riding the golf cart! Elliott and Maggie were just happy to be anywhere, they really are the best little babies! We all hope that this will only turn into an annual event! We are fortunate to have such wonderful family, neighbors and friends!

1 comment:

natasha-nolan said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time!! We were sad that we missed you all at the beach....we still need to plan a playdate for our little ones very soon!